Ever wondered about your favorite Indian fashion models? We have! The greatest talents pooled up in the kitty of our constantly evolving Indian fashion industry are catching the attention of the international fashion circuit. Come to think of it, they have risen to the top of the fashion scene leaving us ever so proud, ofcourse!
1. One of the famous faces that graced the international fashion is 24-year-old Jyothsna Chakravarthy’s who seems to be quite the find. Taking her dusky beauty to the world, she walked for Chanel’s Metiers D’Art collection in Paris that is inspired by India. As long as she has the spotlight, who’s going to stop her? We are hoping to see her with more international brands in future.
2. Apparently the most high profile of all India’s top models, Ujjwala Raut has made a strong impact on runways for Yves Saint-Laurent, Victoria’s Secret, Roberto Cavalli, Hugo Boss, Cynthia Rowley, Diane von Furstenberg, Dolce & Gabbana, Betsey Johnson, Gucci, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, and Emilio Pucci. When did she arrive on the fashion crusade, one might ask? She was spotted in her teens! Her face has been on ads like Dolce & Gabbana, Gap, H&M and more.
3. We would love to see her strutting on the runways! Lakshmi Menon started her career in 2006 with Jean Paul Gaultier’s show. One of the most desired Indian faces on the international ramp, she is a fashion force to reckon with. But her nude look for Karl Lagerfeld’s Pirelli Calendar 2011 made her downright enviable. Exotic enough?
4. Monikangana Dutta, who won the Metropolitan Top Model Contest of France, gives us the tingles! After shifting to Paris, she blazed the ramp for renowned designers like Vivienne Westwood, Yoji Yamamoto, Christian Dior and the list continues. This is called a commitment to your career? Well, there’s more! She appeared in editorials for Vogue, Elle and Italian Harper’s Bazaar and has walked in Paris Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week and Australian Fashion Week. We salute to her charismatic spirit of fashion!
5. There are some serious shoes to fill when it comes to Indian male models. Our favorite? Muzammil Ibrahim with a classic charm that the designers pine for. His immense ramp presence and modeling campaigns for “GUESS” in Italy has made him popular! Drooling over his chiseled features? We are!
6. Talk about the va va voom factor, Tarun Nijjer, the half-British, half-Indian 19-year-old model made his debut on the runway this season for Burberry Prorsum’s A/W 2014 show. Surprised? You are in for a treat with his boyishly handsome aura!
You know that moment when you are spellbound by the success of fashion models? The models who do it all with grace and style! It is right here and right now!