Popularly known as the ‘sultan of suave’, the legendary fashion designer Oscar De La Renta bid goodbye to this world on Monday, at the age of 82. He has dressed the most influential women of the world, from first ladies like Jacqueline Kennedy, Laura Bush, and Michelle Obama to fashionistas like Sarah Jessica Parker, Oprah Winfrey and music stars like Rihanna, Lady Gaga and more. Celebrating this phenomenal creative mind of the fashion mecca, here’s our most favorite outfits by the designer himself.
1. This powerhouse of fashion is best known for his haute couture gowns. Talking about his most iconic creations, the first on the list is the crimson body hugging gown worn by Beyonce at Obama’s Fundraiser event.
2. Changing the face of fashion, he has added a new dimension to dressing with his ready to wear collection. Loved for his most coveted red carpet creations, Oscar De La Renta wowed everyone when he dressed Sarah Jessica Parker in a white and black petal dress for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Met Gala 2014. We loved it! Do you?
3. Remembering his five decades of style, we can’t overlook any of his masterpieces. Saying that, let’s take a look at this couturier’s next stunning creation, and the word that perfectly describes it is whimsical! Emma Watson looked like a fairy tale princess in this floor length tie style gown as she arrived at Trafalgar Square.
4. Remember Amy Adams’ appearance for Oscar 2013? She caught our attention as she walked the red carpet in Oscar De La Renta’s silver gray tulle gown with delicate beading at the bodice and tiered ruffled skirt. Everyone was stunned by her dramatic gown and so were we!
5. She looked absolutely breathtaking! We’re talking about Oscar De La Renta’s flower couture gown worn by the rock star Rihanna at BRIT Awards 2011.
As we cherish these fashion moments, we can’t leave behind our fashion designers near home namely, Gaurav Gupta, Amit Aggarwal and Shantanu & Nikhil who are highly inspired by this iconic international fashion designer. Following in his footsteps, these creative minds are designing marvellous creations which are certainly going to take them to the fashion pinnacle.