The 10 Rules of Suiting Up!
These rules basically tell you how to choose a suit, wear a suit and best of all, how to look fantastic! (Try to restrain yourself ladies) Let’s take a look:
1. The width of the tie should match the width of the LAPEL.
2. Your belt should be fairly thin and the same color as your shoes.
3. Your tie should reach the waistband of your trousers, or be slightly shorter.
4. The suit jacket should be long enough to cover your pant zipper and butt.
5. The tie should always be darker than your suit’s shirt.
6. Sleeve cuffs should be exposed about half an inch.
7. Double vents in the back are more modern and fashionable.
8. You should match your shoes to the color of your suit.
9. Never wear a sports watch with your suit.
10. Make sure that your socks are long enough that there’s no exposed leg when sitting down.
Gentlemen, start your engines. Ready? Set? SUIT UP!